‘9’ Effective Home Remedies for Spider Bites and When to Go to the Hospital
Spider bites are considered a common occurrence, but this idea is nothing more than an inner fear. It is not fair to say that spiders do not live around or cannot bite humans. They can undoubtedly bite you, especially in the summer, when thousands of them go out because of the warm season. In the case of spider bites, you don’t need to go to the hospital. We will tell you how to treat a victim with home remedies for spider bites. Are you not able to get out of the fear of a spider bite? Does a spider bite you all the way? It’s nothing like that. Too often, many to us fall prey to them. But a spider bites; only when it is overwhelmed by a human’s fear, or when a human foot accidentally falls on it.
Even if the spider bites you, there is still no problem; you can treat yourself at home because not all spiders are poisonous and have strong enough venom to inject toxins in the human body. There are thousands of species of spiders, only a few of which are venomous and can be very dangerous to human life if they don’t reach the hospital in time. We will help you know about the different types of spiders, which species are poisonous and which are not, how to get rid of spider bites, when to go to the hospital, and how to treat a person with home remedies for spider bites.
Types of Spiders
It is not surprising that spiders usually live in our homes, while it is considered domesticated insect. Every spider doesn’t venomous except for a few. However, there are two types of spider: the first type of spider bite does not cause much harm, and we can treat it with home remedies for spider bites. Other types of spiders are very poisonous, but we rarely see this type of spider. Below are the most common types of harmless and venomous spiders:
This type of spider also produces venom, but it does not harm anyone. These spiders only use it as a fundamental part of the evaluation process so that they can make access to their food and shelters. Here is the list of those spiders whose bite doesn’t harm anyone.
· The American House Spider
The American house spider is known as Parasteatoda Tepidariorum, which commonly resides in houses. You can quickly identify this type of spider because of its round abdomen and tinny sports on its body parts. It usually lives in places like cabinets, basements, and high windows, making its living area messy by building their webs. This specie may have a bit painful bite, but it doesn’t harm anyone.
· Golden Silk Spider
This type of spider is known as the golden silk spider because it builds the most attractive golden color web in zig-zag style. Golden silk spider is also known as banana and giant wood spider. You can easily recognize it because of its white spots on the body. This medium-size creature loves to eat bugs. Furthermore, it has a great sense to detect danger and can better defend itself. Its bite is not poisonous. Therefore, a victim can be treated easily with home remedies for spider bites.
· Domestic House Spider
This type of spider hunts rapidly and actively, but it rarely happens to bite someone. Domestic house spiders mainly live in the cupboards, basements, storage-room, behind the furniture, and dark places of the home. You can identify this type of orange-brown and black spider by its striped legs and a pale mark on its breastplate. However, this small creature is not venomous. So, you can quickly treat the victim at home.
This type of spiders has venom that is toxic and can be severely dangerous by posing a significant threat to the people. Brown recluse and black widow are venomous spiders that are rare to find and commonly live in the United States of America. Here is the list of some poisonous spiders that we need to go to the hospital immediately after being bitten.
· Brown Recluse Spider
This type of one-inch long spider is one of the most dangerous and poisonous spiders of the world. It resembles the classical European violin because of the violin-shaped brown marking. All kinds of spiders have eight eyes, but the unique thing about this spider is that it has six eyes. Moreover, this spider often builds its web just to catch the prey. They usually live in solitary places. There are some home remedies for brown recluse spider bites as well, but the outcomes of its bits can be hazardous if the victim doesn’t reach the hospital in time.
· Black Widow Spider
This type of spider is another world’s most dangerous and poisonous spider. Its bite causes to inject toxic into the human body that may not be painful. This spider usually builds its webs for prey and wait for the suitable time to attach. There is a possibility that you may realize the danger of its bite after an hour. Wherever you see a spider in a hot red shape, try to avoid it; otherwise, you can land into big trouble. There are many home remedies for spider bites, but in such a case, you must consult a doctor as soon as possible.
· Yellow Sac Spider
The yellow sac is the most aggressive spider that causes great danger. This spider is small in size; it moves much faster than other species. The scariest thing is that it gets offended if it can’t detect its prey. In most cases, it can’t be able to inject poison with its bite through the skin because of having a small jaw. Nevertheless, the outcome can be severe if its venomous jaws go into the skin.
9 Most Effective Home Remedies for Spider Bites
There are two ways to treat the victim with homemade remedies for spider bites. In the first case, you can treat the patient completely at home. It is possible if the spider bite is not poisonous. On the other hand, if a toxic spider bites you, you can seek medical help through home remedies for spider bites before taking the infected person to the doctor. Here is the list of some home remedies that you all should know.
1. Apply Aloe Vera Gel on the Wound
Aloe Vera Gel has many natural antiseptic properties that play an important role in protecting the wound from germs. Moreover, it gives you the moisturizing effect and helps to eliminate unwanted pain. You can apply Aloe Vera Gel on the wound with the following steps:
- Wash it carefully to protect the wound from invaders.
- Pour the gel into a clean bowl.
- Apply the gel on the wound for many times a day.
2. Apply Fresh Potato on the Affected Area
Potato is one of the effective and readily available home remedies for spider bites. It is full of antiseptic prosperities that protect the wound from germs. Below is the method of how to apply this remedy.
- Peel a washed potato.
- Grate it well and put it into a clean piece of any soft cloth.
- Wash the wound and rub it on the infected area.
- Let it dry at once, after then wash the wound.
- Repeat this remedy for many times.
3. Ice Pack and Cold Compressing
Cold compressing is one of the best home remedies for spider bites on legs, arms, and other body parts that reduce the pain and swelling of the affected area. It protects our body tissue and helps to reduce swelling around the wound. Here is a step by step guideline about ice pack remedy:
- Take a thin towel and put some cubes of ice into it.
- Compress the ice pack on the affected area.
- Repeat this remedy until the swelling begins to reduce.
4. Apply Activated Charcoal Paste
It is considered one of the most effective home remedies for brown recluse spider bites. It helps to neutralize the toxin and soaked the water from the affected area of the body. The step by step guideline is as follows:
- Clean the wound with fresh water.
- Make a paste of activated charcoal and apply it on the injury.
- Apply a bandage on the affected area.
- Repeat the same process for 4-5 times in a day.
5. Apply Turmeric Paste on the Injury
Turmeric paste is also one of the best home remedies for spider bites on arms and legs. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce pain. The applying method of this readily available treatment is as follows:
- Make a paste of turmeric by adding some olive oil into it.
- Apply it on the affected area.
- Leave it on the injury for 10-20 minutes and let it dry.
- Wash it with look warm water and repeat this remedy for 3-4 times a day.
6. Apply Lavender Oil on the Wound
Lavender oil is the best home treatment that has antiseptic properties and helps to protect the infected area. This remedy is useful for reducing pain and swelling. Here are some following steps of how to use it.
- Pour 2-3 drops of water in a bowl.
- Mix the same quantity of coconut oil into it.
- Apply it to the infected area with the use of a cotton ball.
- Repeat it after every 4 hours.
7. Appropriate Use of Baking Soda
Baking Soda is another most effective remedy for spider bites. It helps to reduce pain and itching by soaking the venom from the body. Here is an effective method of how to use this remedy.
- Add three times more water into a tablespoon of baking soda and mix it well.
- Apply this mixture for five minutes with a cotton ball.
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat it for 3-4 times in a day.
8. Apply Peppermint on the Wound
Peppermint is the most effective and antiseptic herb that helps to reduce pain and swelling around the infected area. Here below are some guiding steps of how to apply this herb on the injury.
- Thoroughly wash the peppermint leaves.
- Extract a fresh juice from the leaves
- Rub the extracted juice or apply 1-2 drops on the infected area
- After an hour, wash with look warm water.
- Repeat this remedy twice a day.
9. Apply Salt on the Infected Area
Salt is a quick way to prevent the wound from invaders. Its anti-inflammatory properties help to promote a fast recovery and reduce the venom infection. Following is the step by step guide about this remedy.
- Clean the wound with look warm water.
- Take a soft wet cloth and pour a little quantity of salt into it.
- Apply a bandage of a particular cloth for 1-2 hours.
- Wipe the wound with rose oil.
- Repeat this remedy after a few hours.
How to be Safe from Spider Bites?
Spiders inhabit almost every house, but many of you have never been a victim of spiders. You are wandering around without any precaution as if the particular specie can’t harm you. Though, spider bites sometimes can be as deadly as possible. So, you should take some safety measures just to avoid spider bites.
- Avoid going to the dark and empty places.
- Clean the curtains and windows from time to time.
- Thoroughly shake off shoes or clothes placed near the wall.
- Cover your hands, feet, and face before going to the store-room.
- Keep your bed a little away from the wall so that spiders can’t climb after you.
- Close the zip tightly before placing your bag anywhere.
When to Go to the Hospital
- Swelling begins to appear around the infected area.
- Trouble in breathing
- Heartbeat gets faster
Home remedies for spider bites are the most effective to treat at home, but sometimes home remedies are not enough, especially when a poisonous spider bites you. Symptoms begin to appear shortly after a venomous spider bite. Therefore, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible so that the venom does not spread further into the body.
Our Agency First Aid Buy helps you to get first aid immediately for family health care. If you face any kind of uncertain situation, you can seek help from our customer support. We are working day and night to provide you with first aid in every possible way. You can visit our website or contact us for further queries